Attack on Iraqi military camp kills at least 15
Two of the bombers detonated their vehicle-borne explosives at the gate of Camp Speicher, a former U.S. base
Attacks by five suicide bombers on an Iraqi military base north of Baghdad on Sunday killed at least 15 members of the security forces and wounded 22 others, security sources said.
Two of the bombers detonated their vehicle-borne explosives at the gate of Camp Speicher, a former U.S. base outside the Sunni city of Tikrit. Three others detonated their explosives after entering the base, the sources said.
ISIS claimed responsibility for the blasts in a statement distributed by supporters online.
- ISIS suicide car bombs target Iraqi troops in Ramadi
- British troops could face charges over Iraq War: Probe chief
- Iraq forces extend Ramadi control, rescue civilians
- U.N. says 980 killed in Iraq violence in December
- German police lift alert of imminent attack in Munich
- Iraq: Turkey not respecting deal on retreating troops
- Saudi envoy to Iraq repeats call for militants to surrender