Four Palestinians killed after stabbing attempt
Palestinian health officials confirmed the deaths
Three Palestinians who attempted to stab Israeli soldiers at a junction in the southern West Bank on Thursday were shot dead, the army said adding later that a fourth Palestinian was shot.
A fourth Palestinian was shot and killed in a separate incident later on Thursday when he allegdly attempted to stab Israeli soldiers in the West Bank.
“Three attackers, armed with knives, attempted to stab soldiers guarding the Gush Etzion junction,” a statement said, adding that troops responded by shooting at the assailants. A military spokeswoman told AFP all three were killed.
- Abbas: Palestinian Authority will not collapse
- Israel returns bodies of slain Palestinians
- U.N. says monitor on Palestinian territories quits over lack of access
- Israel charges two Jews over lethal arson of Palestinian home
- Thousands of Palestinians in Hebron funeral for slain assailants
- Israel to return bodies of 23 Palestinian attackers
- Palestinian dies of wounds from West Bank clashes: ministry
- For Israelis and Palestinians, 2015 ended on a knife-edge
- Palestinian anger after man shot dead at Egypt border