Security officer for Aden’s airport killed in front of his home
Two other policemen were also killed by the gunmen in the al-Mansour neighborhood where the colonel was assassinated
An investigative officer working for Aden’s airport was killed by unknown gunmen late Tuesday in front of his house in the war-torn country’s second city, Al Arabiya News Channel reported on Wednesday.
Two other policemen were also killed by gunmen in the al-Mansour neighborhood, where Col. Amin Shayif, who was responsible for investigation in Aden airport, was assassinated.
No further details were available.
In a separate story, a child was killed on Wednesday and three civilians were wounded after Iran-backed Houthi militias and their allied forces fired Katyusha rockets on a village west of the southwestern city of Taez.
Meanwhile, the Saudi-led coalition has launched attacks at Houthi sites in Al-Dhabab and Al-Masrakh areas in Taez, leaving several killed and wounded.
The coalition also targeted arms depots in Bani Hashish directorate in Sanaa province while the pro-government resistance captured large parts of the Naham directorate east of the province.
- 1300GMT: Saudi air defense intercepts more missiles fired from Yemen
- Yemen rescinds expulsion of U.N. rights official
- Next round of Yemen peace talks postponed: minister
- Saudi border city hosts horse race amid threat of missiles
- Yemen ISIS-linked militants kill senior officer in Aden
- Arab coalition denies cluster bomb use in Yemen
- Yemen peace talks postponed: U.N.
- 1300GMT: Resumption of Yemen peace talks unlikely before Jan. 20