U.S. working to locate Americans reported missing in Iraq
The U.S. government is working with Iraqi authorites to find the missing U.S. citizens
The U.S. government is aware of reports that three U.S. citizens have gone missing in Iraq and is working with Iraqi authorities to find them, a U.S. State Department official said on Sunday.
"We are aware of reports that American citizens are missing in Iraq," the State Department official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said when asked about pan-Arab news channel Al Arabiya's report that three U.S. citizens were said to have been kidnapped in Baghdad. "We are working with the full cooperation of the Iraqi authorities to locate and recover the individuals."
- U.N. says ongoing battles destroy 1,500 buildings in Ramadi
- Iran top general: we’ve trained 200,000 fighters in Iraq, Syria and Yemen
- Iraq’s top Shiite cleric urges government to prevent militant attacks
- Australia PM makes surprise visit to Iraq
- Iraq gets Saudi envoy credentials despite anti-Riyadh anger