Iraqi PM calls for major cabinet reshuffle
‘I call for a radical cabinet reshuffle to include professional technocrats and academic figures,’ says Abadi
Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said on Tuesday he would reshuffle his cabinet to replace ministers appointed on the basis of political affiliations with technocrats.
“I call for a radical cabinet reshuffle to include professional technocrats and academic figures and I call on the esteemed parliament and all political blocs to cooperate with us in this serious stage,” Abadi said in a televised speech which focused mainly on economic challenges facing Iraq.
- Iraq’s top Shiite cleric suspends weekly sermons
- U.S. releases photos tied to Iraq detainee abuse
- U.S. allies conduct 16 strikes against ISIS: U.S. military
- Iraq’s Abadi dismisses Baghdad wall plans
- Rise in number of suspected militants blocked from leaving Australia
- The ordeal of Sunnis and Christians in Iraq
- Iraq deploying troops to retake Mosul
- Saudi man executed in Iraq on al-Qaeda related charges