Kerry, European foreign ministers to meet on Syria next week
The five diplomats will examine the status of the ceasefire in effect since February 27
US Secretary of State John Kerry and his French, German, British and Italian counterparts will meet Sunday in Paris to discuss the Syrian crisis ahead of planned peace talks in Geneva, France's foreign minister said.
The five diplomats will examine the status of the ceasefire in effect since February 27 and "if everything is going forward as we hope... encourage the opposition to return to the negotiating table," Jean-Marc Ayrault told reporters as he arrived in Cairo Wednesday for a two-day visit.
- Kerry meets U.N. envoy for Libya, repeats support for unity government
- Kerry: European refugee crisis a ‘global challenge’
- Iran signals lawyer yet to be appointed for detained Iranian-American
- Kerry: continued fighting would hurt ‘whole’ Syria
- ISIS bombs rock Syria as world powers seek truce
- Palestinians, Israelis urged to ease tensions