Turkish soldier killed in Kurdish militant bomb attack: military
A Turkish soldier was killed in a bomb attack in a town near the Syrian border
A Turkish soldier was killed in a bomb attack early on Tuesday in a town near the Syrian border, the scene of days of fighting with Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) militants, the army said.
The military added another six soldiers were wounded in the attack in Nusaybin, which has been under a round-the-clock curfew since violence erupted there on March 14.
Hundreds of security forces personnel, militants and civilians have been killed since a 2-1/2 year PKK ceasefire collapsed in July.
- Pentagon chief praises Kurdish fighters in Syria
- US says would not recognize Kurdish region in Syria
- Syria’s war liberates Kurdish women, oppresses others
- Turkey vows to continue striking Kurdish fighters
- Turkey strikes Kurdish militia in Syria
- Demirtas: Turkey’s Kurdish conflict impacting Syria, migrant crises