Saudi Arabia ‘sees progress’ in ending Yemen war
Prince Mohammed Bin Salman said there has been "significant progress" in talks between the warring sides of the year-long conflict
Saudi Arabia's Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman said there has been "significant progress" in talks between the warring sides of the year-long Yemeni conflict and a resolution will be reached soon.
“There is significant progress in negotiations, and we have good contacts with the Houthis, with a delegation currently in Riyadh,” said Prince Mohammed, who is also the kingdom’s defense minister, in an interview with Bloomberg.
“We are pushing to have this opportunity materialize on the ground but if things relapse, we are ready.”
Prince Mohammed conducted an interview with Bloomberg last week in which he announced plans to dedicate a $2 trillion budget for a a post-oil Saudi economy.
His statements on the ongoing Yemeni war were published on Sunday.
In March 2015, Saudi Arabia led a coalition to intervene via airstrikes in Yemen in support of its legitimate government after Iran-backed Houthi militias seized much of Yemen.