Syrian state TV: deadly blast at Latakia mosque
State TV says the blast killed and wounded several people, but did not give numbers
Syrian state TV is reporting that an explosion has struck outside a mosque in the coastal government stronghold of Latakia inflicting casualties.
The TV says the blast occurred Thursday as people were leaving the Khulafa Rashideen mosque following afternoon prayers.
State TV says the blast killed and wounded several people, but did not give numbers.
The explosion came a week after a series of coordinated bombings struck the coastal city of Tartus and the town of Jableh on the Syrian coast, killing some 160 people.
The coastal provinces of Latakia and Tartus have been a government stronghold since the country’s conflict began in 2011.
- Unidentified jets bomb Syrian rebel group Ahrar Al-Sham’s main camp
- Two US service members injured in Iraq, Syria: Pentagon
- US-backed forces launch anti-ISIS offensive in Syria
- Turkey: US rocket given to Kurdish group ended up with PKK
- Syria’s besieged Daraya gets its first aid since 2012, but no food
- UN says Syria airdrops not ‘imminent’
- Israel has homegrown ISIS threat in hand: adviser to PM
- Canadian soldiers might ‘take off’ Kurdish flag on their uniforms