.
.
.
.

Dubai hotel evacuated after smoke detected

Guests at a Dubai hotel were evacuated on Thursday after reports of the smell of smoke coming from one of its rooms

Published: Updated:

Guests at a Dubai hotel were evacuated on Thursday after reports of the smell of smoke coming from one of its rooms.

In a statement released on Twitter, Dubai’s emergency services confirmed: “A small fire reported at The Address Hotel Dubai Mall was extinguished immediately. Situation is back to normal.”

In a seperate statement translated from Arabic the Dubai Media Office added: "Address safety systems worked efficiently in dealing with a very small fire caused by electrical on the 26th floor apartment."

Al Arabiya English contacted the hotel and spoke to a member of staff on the condition of anonymity who said: “There was a small incident in which guests were evacuated. There was a smell of smoke from an AC unit.”

He said no one was hurt and guests were allowed back into the hotel shortly after the incident.

Thursday evening’s incident happened a short distance from The Address Downtown Dubai, where a massive blaze ripped through multiple floors on the night of New Year’s Eve 2015/16.