Dubai hotel evacuated after smoke detected
Guests at a Dubai hotel were evacuated on Thursday after reports of the smell of smoke coming from one of its rooms
Guests at a Dubai hotel were evacuated on Thursday after reports of the smell of smoke coming from one of its rooms.
In a statement released on Twitter, Dubai’s emergency services confirmed: “A small fire reported at The Address Hotel Dubai Mall was extinguished immediately. Situation is back to normal.”
In a seperate statement translated from Arabic the Dubai Media Office added: "Address safety systems worked efficiently in dealing with a very small fire caused by electrical on the 26th floor apartment."
Al Arabiya English contacted the hotel and spoke to a member of staff on the condition of anonymity who said: “There was a small incident in which guests were evacuated. There was a smell of smoke from an AC unit.”
He said no one was hurt and guests were allowed back into the hotel shortly after the incident.
Thursday evening’s incident happened a short distance from The Address Downtown Dubai, where a massive blaze ripped through multiple floors on the night of New Year’s Eve 2015/16.
Dubai awards French-led consortium $2.8bn Expo 2020 metro extensionThe consortium is led by France's Alstom Conglomerate and also including Spain's Acciona and Turkey's Gulermak Aviation & Transport
What to do in Dubai this Ramadan if you’re not fastingHere is a list of fun ideas to keep you occupied until the end of Ramadan Variety
Dubai auction of Islamic treasures raises $11M for refugeesAn auction to raise money for books for refugee children has raised more than $11 million in Dubai. Variety
Are these potatoes toxic? Dubai launches WhatsApp service to verify rumorsDubai’s municipality has launched a service on messaging app Whatsapp to help Media