Saudi king orders month’s additional salary to Yemen participants
King Salman said the salary is a token of his “appreciation” to those who fought both in Operation Decisive Storm
Saudi King Salman has ordered spending an additional month’s salary to those who participated in battlefront operations against Iran-backed Houthi militias, the state-owned Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported.
King Salman said the salary is a token of his “appreciation” to those who fought both in Operation Decisive Storm, which started on March 26 to April 21 last year, and Operation Restoring Hope, which was launched on April 22 last year and recently revived.
He said these participants belong to the Saudi ministries of interior, defense and the national guard.
Saudi Arabia with its allies formed the Arab Coalition to bolster its operations to push the Houthis back. The Houthis attempted a coup to topple the internationally recogized Yemen’s President Abd Rabu Mansour Hadi.
Operation Restoring Hope was revived after peace talks between the two warring sides failed to bring a breakthrough in early August.
Saudi-led air strikes on Yemen capital resumeThe Saudi-led coalition is backing Yemeni forces loyal to the exiled government of President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi Middle East
Saudi Arabia intercepts cross-border missilesSaudi air defense has intercepted two ballistic missiles fired by militia forces across the Saudi-Yemen border on Wednesday Middle East
Saudi king orders month’s additional salary to Yemen participantsKing Salman said the salary is a token of his “appreciation” to those who fought both in Operation Decisive Storm Middle East
Four killed in Saudi Arabia in cross-border shelling from YemenThe shell hit Samtah, in the southwestern Saudi border region of Jazan, a tweet by the Saudi civil defence said Middle East
Saudi Arabia slams move to form political council in YemenSaudi Arabia’s cabinet considered it as a violation of resolutions of the Arab League, Organization of Islamic Cooperation, and the United Nations Middle East
Arab coalition removed from child blacklistBan Ki-Moon announced the removal of the Saudi-led Arab coalition from a blacklist of those causing the deaths of hundreds of children in Yemen Middle East