Iran detains 2 Sunni militants near Pakistan border
Last month, Iran executed 20 members of Sunni militant groups
Iranian media says the Revolutionary Guard has detained two Sunni militants near the border with Pakistan, where clashes erupted earlier this month.
Earlier this month, the paramilitary Guard clashed with a nine-member cell of Jaish al-Adl, a Sunni militant group, in the same border region, killing four of them, including their leader.
And last month, Iran executed 20 members of Sunni militant groups.
- Russian raids from Iran airbase ‘over for now’: Tehran
- Revolutionary Guards killed 5 Kurdish separatists
- Bahrain jails five for Iran-linked militancy, strips their citizenship
- Iran FM Zarif urges unity with Arabs against militancy
- 1300GMT: Arrested militants in Bahrain admit of receiving training in Iran