Yemen’s president accuses Houthis of funeral blast
President Hadi accused the Houthi militias of being the masterminds behind the explosion that targeting a mourning tent
Yemeni President Abd Rabbu Mansour al-Hadi accused the Houthi militias of being the masterminds behind the explosion that targeting a mourning tent on Friday - killing least five people and wounding 20 in the city of Marib, east of the capital Sanaa - adding that the militias “won’t hesitate to do anything that would kill and destroy.”
Local officials said the explosion was caused by a roadside bomb that went off near the mourning tent where condolences were being paid for Major-General Abdul-Rab al-Shadadi who was killed last week while leading an offensive against the Iranian-backed Houthi militias, local media reported.
Among those killed in Friday’s blast was Salem al-Shadady, the older brother of the general killed earlier, Saba said.
Shadadi, commander of Yemen’s Third Military Region — which has its headquarters in the city of Marib — was the most senior member of the pro-Hadi forces to be killed in nearly 19 months of civil war in Yemen.
Explosion kills 5 at top Yemeni commander’s funeral service in MaribThe explosion was caused by a roadside bomb that went off near the mourning tent where condolences were being paid for Major-General Abdul-Rab al-Shadadi Middle East
Saudi king orders treatment of Yemen’s funeral attack victimsKing Salman instructed aid officials to "facilitate the evacuation of those wounded... and needing treatment abroad" Middle East
Houthis attempt to clean up funeral blasts siteThe news comes following the victims’ families and tribes releasing a statement calling the strike a ‘conspiracy’ Middle East
Who targeted the funeral in Sanaa?There are those who continue to spread false rumors and lies about the Operation Decisive Storm using Arab and foreign mouthpieces Middle East