Saudi Arabia condemns killing of Russian ambassador in Turkey
'This action is contrary to the international laws, the principles of protection of diplomats and international envoys'
An official source at the Saudi Foreign Ministry expressed the kingdom’s strong condemnation of the killing of Russia's ambassador to Turkey Andrei Karlov.
The source added that this action is contrary to the international laws, the principles of protection of diplomats and international envoys and humanitarian principles and ethics.
The source concluded his statement offering condolences to the family of the deceased and the Russian Federation's government and people.
- All you need to know about the gunman who killed the Russian ambassador
- WATCH: Moment Russian envoy shot dead
- Putin reacts to Russian envoy assassination
- UPDATE: Russian ambassador shot dead in Ankara
- Killing of Russian envoy: What’s in store for Turkey-Russia relations?
- Who is the Russian ambassador who was killed in Turkey?
- Russian envoy killing widely condemned