Video captures horrific murder of Egyptian Christian
The suspect, who has been arrested, came up behind the victim and slashed his throat while he was sitting in front of his shop
Surveillance footage in the Egyptian coastal city of Alexandria has shown a Coptic Christian businessman allegedly being murdered for selling alcohol in his shop.
The suspect, who has been arrested and has been described as an Islamist by local media, came up behind the victim and slashed his throat while he was sitting in front of his shop.
The footage of the horrific attack, released on Tuesday, comes three weeks after a suicide bomber killed 27 people, mostly women and children, in an attack on a Coptic cathedral in Cairo.
- Egypt parliament adopts disputed law on churches
- ‘Copts in Egypt are not persecuted,’ says bishop
- Egypt's Copts praise Sisi but await more tangible support
- Saving Ethiopians in Libya: Egyptian humanitarianism or politics?
- Four years on from Egypt’s uprising, are Copts better off?
- Almost 15,000 Egyptians flee Libya from Sallum crossing