Iraqi forces announced on Thursday that they have liberated two neighborhoods west of Mosul. Abdul Amir Rashid Yarallah, the commander of the “We are Coming Nineveh” operations said that the counter terrorism forces have liberated al-Muallimin and al-Saylou neighborhoods.
Special Forces commander General Maan al-Saadi, told Al Arabiya that his forces have initiated military operations in the right side of Mosul and are making a quick progress in new neighborhoods.
Earlier on Wednesday, the Iraqi forces announced that they have seized control of strategic locations while security sources in Mosul reported that ISIS has burnt down many sites in Mosul. There were also talks that Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi had fled Mosul.
Meanwhile, eyewitnesses told Al Arabiya that large numbers of citizens are still trapped under the rubbles and the bodies of civilians are still in the streets. Al Arabiya’s correspondent said that more than 50 civilians are still stuck under Tal al-Ramman wreckages. He said that there will be a temporary ceasefire to help the trapped civilians.