Trump administration pursuing $5 billion deal for sale of 19 F-16s to Bahrain
A source in the US Congress said on Wednesday that the administration of President Donald Trump has expressed its intention to proceed with a $5 billion deal to sell Bahrain 19 Lockheed Martin F-16 fighters and related equipment, a deal was suspended Last year due to of concerns over human rights.
The US ministry of foreign affairs informed Congress of the deal last September during President Barack Obama’s administration. The plan was cancelled over concerns of Bahrain’s failure to implement its promises to improve human rights record.
The source told that Trump’s administration separates the deal from Hyman Rights record. Members of Congress could not be reached for comments on whether they would object the deal this time.
In addition to the fighter jets, the $4.867 billion deal includes 23 engines, radar and other electronic systems, and air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons and related equipment. Lockheed Martin wasn’t available to comment.
Jordanian F16 pilot survives crash in Saudi’s NajranA Jordanian F16 fighter jet commander survived a crash that occurred on Friday in ... Gulf
Iraq receives a new batch of F-16 fighter jets from USWith the new arrivals, Iraq has now eight F16s in service, out of 36 fighter jets ... News
Will Trump direct a military strike against Iran?Elsie Hustings issued a regulation authorizing the use of the US Armed Forces to ... Features
Saudi arms deals proven to contribute to the US economyThe kingdom is one of the biggest customers for US arms, making up to 10 percent ... Economy