Ali al-Saleh, an official at Al-Hadar district south of Mosul, said on Saturday that around 100 young men were kidnapped after they fled to the town of Hamam al-Alil.
Saleh told Al-Hadath television channel that these men were abducted by militias, adding, however, that it’s not clear whom these militias are affiliated with.
Meanwhile, other sources said that more than 250 young men have been abducted by Popular Mobilization forces after they fled to Hamam al-Alil.
Al-Hadr district was recently liberated from ISIS.
- Qataris’ abduction and the defeat of Iraq’s sovereignty
- Fear of ISIS female ‘biters’ haunts women during night at Iraq’s camps
- US concern over Turkish strikes targeting Kurds in Syria and Iraq
- Iraq forces in push to retake UNESCO-listed Hatra
- Iraq forces retake large Mosul neighborhood from ISIS
- Qatari hunters kidnapped in Iraq speak of joy at release