A blast at a shopping mall in the south-central Iranian city of Shiraz has wounded 17 people late Friday, the Russia-based English language Sputnik news agency reported.
The blast took place at Nasr Boulevard 1 am local time.
Sputnik cited unconfirmed reports when it said that a gas pipe explosion could have caused the blast.
- ANALYSIS: Qatar’s controversial foreign policy and GCC-Iran relations
- Is the time up for Iran’s forays in the Middle East?
- Iran TV uses green screen to bypass headscarf rules
- ANALYSIS: Qatar following Iran’s policy of interference in the region’s crises
- Iran’s defense minister slams neighboring countries as ‘threat’ to security