The “liberation” of the city of Mosul from ISIS will be announced in a few days, Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said on Thursday, according to Baghdad-based Sumaria TV.
“It’s a matter of a few days and we will announce the total liberation of Mosul,” Abadi told reporters in Baghdad, according to al-Sumaria.
- ISIS blames the US for the destruction of al-Nuri mosque in Mosul
- UN says ISIS targets children to hold Mosul civilians hostage
- Iraq PM says Mosul mosque destruction means ISIS admitting defeat
- Mine explosion kills French journalist in Mosul
- Iraq warns Mosul civilians, tells ISIS ‘surrender or die’
- Iraqi forces storm Old City of ISIS-held Mosul, US reports progress