The Libyan army is now in control over most parts of the country said Field Marshal Khalifa Haftar.
Only a few areas remain outside of their control, he added.
During a meeting with officers and soldiers from the Libyan army in Benghazi, Haftar said: “The size of Libya is 1,760,000 km. The army is currently in control of 1,730,000 km, there’s only a little left.”
Haftar also said that the army is now in control of the area west of Tripoli from Zuwarah al-Mushrifah, to Tunisia’s border and extending to Libya’s Zawiya, located 30 km west of the capital.
Haftar said that “during the next few days, Zawiya will also be under [the army's] control.”
- Libyan army: Qatar transports armed ISIS militants from Syria to Libya
- Sources: ISIS slaughters 14 Libyan army soldiers
- Haftar: Army insists on extending its control over the entire Libyan territory
- VIDEO: Libyan army commander commands over execution of ISIS militants
- Libyan army chief in UAE for talks on military ‘cooperation’