US Secretary of Treasury Steven Mnuchin will be visiting the Middle East this week to discuss the Terrorist Financing Target Center (TFTC) partnership and other matters on Iran.
Accompanying Mnuchin is Under Secretary for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence Sigal Mandelker.
The visit is set to take place from October 25 through to October 30.
The US representatives will be stopping in Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Qatar. Discussions will also touch upon national security initiatives against terrorism and illegal financial incidents.
In a statement on Friday, Mnuchin said that he and Mandelker “will engage partners in the Middle East on the Trump administration’s new strategy toward countering the destabilizing influence of Iran in the region.”
The Saudi Arabia visit is set to witness Mnuchin commemorating the TFTC’s inauguration. He will also be delivering the keynote address to the Future Investment Initiative summit, added the Treasury.
- The truth behind the viral ‘US treasury secretary suicide video’
- Who is Steven Mnuchin, the richest US treasury secretary in history?
- Iran, Europe and the long list of US conditions
- Saudi Arabia: Iran has used lifting of sanctions to destabilize the region
- Key US Republican says Trump must work with Europe on Iran