Hezbollah Security-General Hassan Nasrallah has attacked the Saudi Arabia claiming that the Lebanese prime minister’s resignation was a Saudi decision and not his own.
Nasrallah continued saying that all Lebanese political forces were taken aback by Saad al-Hariri’s resignation announcement, which he referred to as not having to do with any internal Lebanese matters.
The security-general also said that Hezbollah will face what is happening calmly.
Nasrallah reassured the Lebanese people that his militias do not intend to do anything that may destabilize Lebanese security.
For his part, a member of the Lebanese parliament for the Future bloc, Okab Sakr, said that the real reasons for the resignation will be announced when Hariri returns to Lebanon.
Sakr also saw that the prime minister’s negotiations with the Saudi government is in Lebanon’s interest.
- Saudi minister says he has ‘confirmed information’ on plot to kill Hariri
- Assassination attempt on Hariri thwarted a ‘couple of days ago’
- Lebanese PM Hariri resigns, stresses ‘Iran’s hands will be cut off’
- I salute Prime Minister Hariri for his stand, says Michel Suleiman
- Victim’s daughter testifies at Lebanese PM Rafik Hariri assassination trial