The Iraqi Minister of Interior, Qasim al-Araji, said that local authorities have arrested 41 interiors who illegally crossed the country’s borders, reported Anadolu Agency on Saturday.
The statement said that the Ministry of Interior (MOI) warned all residents in Iraq from engaging in political activities which may negatively impact the country’s external relations.
The MOI also stressed that necessary legal action must be taken against violators – deportation if necessary.
Recently, Iranian police said that nearly two million and 200,000 visitors have passed through the Iranian border for Iraq to participate in the annual commemoration fourty days after the anniversary of Imam Hussain’s death.
- Tillerson off to Middle East, South Asia with eye on Iran, Iraq
- Iran denies reports Tehran closed border with northern Iraq
- Iran’s Soleimani reportedly in Kurdistan as Iraq denies setting Kirkuk deadline
- Turkey, Iran and Iraq warn of ‘counter-measures’ against Kurd vote
- Iran warns Iraq Kurds independence means end to border deals