Lebanon Grand Mufti stresses importance of brotherly relations with Saudi Arabia
Lebanon’s Grand Mufti Abdul Sheikh Abdul Latif Deryan reemphasized on Friday the importance of "brotherly and historic relations" that tie the Middle Eastern country to Saudi Arabia.
His remarks come after the resignation of Prime Minister Saad al-Hariri last week.
Hariri has made no public remarks since announcing his resignation in a speech televised from Saudi Arabia, saying he feared assassination and accusing Iran and Hezbollah of sowing strife in the Arab world.
- Saudi citizen kidnapped in Lebanon; million dollar in ransom demanded
- Tillerson: No place or role in Lebanon for any militias or armed elements
- Saudi Arabia Kuwait, UAE and Bahrain urge their nationals to leave Lebanon
- Lebanon Speaker: Government still stands after PM quit
- Saudi minister slams Lebanon’s ‘warmongering govt’ against kingdom