WARNING: GRAPHIC FOOTAGE - Viewer discretion advised
Al Arabiya News Channel has aired footage showing the aftermath of the Rawda mosque attack in al-Areesh, Egypt on Friday.
During the attack, gunmen opened fire and detonated a bomb at the mosque, located in northern Sinai, during Friday prayers.
At least 235 people were killed while more than 109 others were left injured.
Eye witness reports say that the militants were dressed in military uniforms and drove four 4x4 vehicles in the attack.
Ministry of Health sources said that the attackers have also opened fire on ambulances carrying the injured.
Meanwhile, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi said during a televised address to the nation, that the Massacre of Sinai mosque is a real reflection of the efforts exerted in the face of terrorism, stressing that Egypt will respond strongly to attack.
- US President Trump confirms his support of Egypt's al-Sisi, condemns attack
- Egypt military carries out air strikes, kills terrorists near Al-Arish
- Death toll in Egypt mosque attack rises to 305, with 128 injured
- King Salman and Crown Prince: Saudi Arabia stands with Egypt's security and stability
- Egypt’s Ibn Sina Pharmaceuticals plans December IPO