Leader of the Kurdistan Democratic Party, Masoud Barzani, said on Friday that the Iraqi forces' and Popular Mobilization Forces’ capture of Kirkuk will pave way for militant group ISIS.
The leader also stressed that he did not regret holding the referendum for independence from Iraq last year, despite the process failing.
- Rex Tillerson and Barzani stress need for Erbil-Baghdad dialogue
- Kurdish parties opposed to Barzani report attacks on offices overnight
- Protesters storm Kurdistan parliament after Barzani announces resignation
- Iraqi Kurdistan leader Barzani will hand over presidential powers on Nov. 1
- Kurdish parties call for Barzani’s removal, formation of interim government