Despite recent calls for a humanitarian ceasefire, bombing and shelling in Syria’s eastern Ghouta persist and continue to destroy the city.
The Medicines Sans Frontiers’ media twitter account has shared a video showing footage of a destroyed Maternity Hospital in Ghouta. MSF has supported the now destroyed hospital since 2014.
February 2018. Extreme bombing and shelling has created a catastrophe in the besieged East Ghouta enclave in #Syria. With no signs of ceasefires being implemented, the medics @MSF supports in the area are beyond exhaustion & despair. When doctors collapse, humanity collapses. pic.twitter.com/a8EF8np6Vn— MSF PICTURE DESK (@MSF_PictureDesk) March 2, 2018
The call for humanitarian pause sought to aid the injured and attend to serious medical condition, but the attacks have made matters more difficult.
On their account, MSF said that their “supports in the area [Ghouta] are beyond exhaustion and despair.”
“When doctors collapse, humanity collapses,” they added.
- MSF says a hospital it supports in Syria bombed, 13 killed
- Syria’s U.N. envoy blasts MSF over hospital attack
- MSF says Russia, Syria 'deliberately bombed' hospital, Moscow issues denial
- France condemns bombing of MSF hospital in northern Syria
- Syria air strike hits MSF-supported hospital, 3 dead: statement