Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said there was no meeting planned with US officials including his counterpart Mike Pompeo at the United Nations General Assembly, the semi-official news agency Tasnim reported on Saturday.
Asked about the likelihood of a meeting with US officials, including Pompeo, on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly, Zarif said: "No, no such meeting is planned. We have repeatedly announced our position," Tasnim reported.
Earlier this week, the United States re-imposed sanctions on Iran in line with President Donald Trump's decision to pull out of a 2015 agreement over Iran's nuclear program.
What do attacks on seminaries indicate for Iran?On August 7, the re-imposed US economic sanctions on Iran came into effect. The move ended a three-month period given by the Trump administration to ... Middle East
Chants of ‘Arabian Gulf’, ‘Death to Dictator’ ring out in Iran football stadiaSocial media portals in Iran were flooded with videos on Thursday and Friday carrying footage of football fans chanting political and national slogans ... Middle East
Iran’s ‘cyber attacks’ can pose unconventional warfare threat against USThe United States is preparing to brace itself against cyber attacks which Iran might launch in response to the restoring of US sanctions this week by ... Middle East
Iran aide doesn’t see ‘any reason’ for Trump-Rouhani talksA semi-official Iranian news agency is quoting an aide to the country’s president as saying that he doesn’t see “any reason” ... Middle East