Iran’s foreign minister has for the first time suggested his country’s ballistic missile program could be on the table for negotiations with the US - if America stops selling arms to its Gulf allies in the Mideast.
Mohammad Javad Zarif’s comments came in an NBC News interview that aired Monday night.
Iran long has maintained its ballistic missile program, under the control of its Revolutionary Guard, is for defensive purposes only. The 2015 nuclear deal that Tehran struck with world powers did not include its missile program.
Zarif says American weaponry “is going into our region, making our region ready to explode. So if they want to talk about our missiles, they need first to stop selling all these weapons.” Iran long has criticized US arms sales in the region.
France’s Macron demands answers after dual national detained in IranFrench President Emmanuel Macron on Monday demanded an explanation from Iran after the arrest last month of Franco-Iranian dual national Fariba ... World News
French FM says Europeans must stay united on Iran issueFrance’s Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said on Monday that Europe had to remain united in trying to preserve the Iran nuclear deal, and ... World News
UK’s Hunt: Iran actions ‘profoundly destabilizing’, but we want reduced tensionsBritish Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt said on Monday that Iran’s actions were “profoundly destabilizing” but said he wanted to ... World News
Iran threatens to restore pre-2015 nuclear capabilitiesIran will restore the nuclear capabilities it had before its nuclear deal with world powers, unless European countries fulfill their obligations, the ... Middle East