An Israeli wounded by an improvised bomb near a Jewish settlement in the occupied West Bank on Friday has died from her injuries, officials said.
Israeli medics had earlier reported that a 17-year-old had been critically wounded in the attack.
Israeli President Reuven Rivlin and the teenager’s hometown of Lod in central Israel both announced her death.
The Israeli army said earlier that a three Israelis in an attack near the Israeli settlement of Dolev in the occupied West Bank.
The army added in a statement that: “Three civilians who were in a nearby spring were injured in an IED blast.”
“One of the civilians is being treated at the scene while the remaining two were evacuated by (army) helicopter to a hospital for further medical treatment,” the military said.
The bomb was reportedly thrown from a passing car near the Israeli settlement.
Medics from the Magen David Adom rescue service said a 17-year-old was in critical condition and being treated at the scene. It gave the ages of the two others as 46 and 20.
Israeli security forces were deployed throughout the area, AFP journalists reported.
Tensions have been high in the West Bank in recent weeks, fueled by clashes between Palestinians and Israeli police at al-Aqsa mosque in East Jerusalem.
An off-duty Israeli soldier was killed near the West Bank city of Hebron earlier this month, according to The Associated Press.
Palestinian attacks on Israeli settlers and security forces occur sporadically in the West Bank, occupied by Israel since the 1967 Six-Day War.
There have been concerns of a possible increase in violence in the run up to Israel’s September 17 elections.