The military adviser to Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei told CNN on Sunday that Iran’s response to the US killing of IRGC leader Qassem Soleimani will be a military one.
In an interview with CNN, Hossein Dehgan said: “The response for sure will be military and against military sites.”
The Iranian Foreign Ministry said earlier on Sunday that the Islamic Republic does not want war, something that Dehgan reiterated.
“The only thing that can end this period of war is for the Americans to receive a blow that is equal to the blow they have inflicted. Afterward, they should not seek a new cycle,” he told CNN.
President Donald Trump said on Saturday the United States has targeted 52 Iranian sites that it would strike if Iran attacks any Americans or any US assets in response to Friday’s US drone strike that killed Iranian military commander Qassem Soleimani in Iraq.
Taliban condemn killing of Iran’s Qassem SoleimaniThe Taliban have condemned the killing of prominent Iranian military commander Qassem Soleimani in a statement on Sunday, warning about the ... Middle East
Iran steps further back from nuclear deal, says no limits on enrichment: TVIran said on Sunday it would further roll back its commitments to a 2015 nuclear deal with six major powers, by enriching uranium without restrictions ... Middle East
Iran condemns Trump as ‘terrorist in a suit’ after attack threatIran condemned Donald Trump on Sunday as a “terrorist in a suit” after the US president threatened to hit 52 Iranian sites hard if Tehran ... Middle East
Iran summons Swiss envoy over US President Trump’s hostile remarks: State TVIran summoned the Swiss envoy representing US interests in Tehran on Sunday to protest against President Donald Trump saying Washington would target ... Middle East