Jordan confirmed six new coronavirus cases on Monday bringing the total to 18, according to the official Jordan News Agency (JNA).
Earlier in the day, the Kingdom announced a total of 15 before later announcing an additional confirmed cases.
Jordan imposed on Saturday measures to fight the outbreak, including a tighter lockdown that closes all borders and bans all incoming and outgoing flights as of Tuesday.
The central bank also announced measures to help troubled businesses and the tourism sector hit hard by the impact of the crisis.
- With Reuters
Jordan's reports 12 new coronavirus cases, government tries to cushion economyJordan confirmed 12 new cases of the coronavirus on Sunday, as the central bank announced measures to help troubled businesses and a tourism sector ... Middle East
Jordan says two dead in prison riot after visits banned over coronavirusTwo inmates have been killed in a prison riot in Jordan, the state news agency said Sunday, after family visits were banned for two weeks to tackle ... Middle East
Jordan announces six new coronavirus cases: Health ministryJordan announced six new coronavirus cases on Sunday, according to the Jordan News Agency. Four of the new cases are French tourists while the other ... Middle East