Lebanon’s Prime Minister Hassan Diab vowed to hold certain officials responsible for the explosions that took place in Beirut earlier Tuesday.
Addressing the nation after the explosion that has so far killed at least 30 people and injured more than 3,000, Diab said the government would reveal the facts about a "dangerous" warehouse at the Port of Beirut, which he said was there since 2014.
Diab also pleaded with the international community for assistance after the "catastrophe."
"I am sending an urgent appeal to friendly and brotherly countries ... that love Lebanon, to stand by its side and help us treat these deep wounds," Diab said.
For full story on the explosions, click here.
Lebanese MP Marwan Hamadeh resigns from parliament during a live interview on Al Arabiya, saying that he no longer felt honored to be part of an “ineffective government” following the deadly explosions that erupted in the port of #Beirut.#Lebanonhttps://t.co/s1YVnW8LxP pic.twitter.com/mHuZbFMe5h— Al Arabiya English (@AlArabiya_Eng) August 5, 2020
Massive explosions rock Lebanon’s capital of Beirut; Trump says it was an ‘attack’At least 70 people were killed Tuesday and more than 3,000 wounded in multiple explosions that rocked Downtown Beirut, Lebanon's health minister said. ... Middle East
Pompeo says Washington ready to help Lebanon recover after Beirut blastsUS Secretary of State Mike Pompeo offered condolences to those affected by the Beirut explosions that killed more than 50 people and wounded thousands ... Middle East