An Israeli soldier reported missing this week was found dead near Jerusalem on Thursday, the Israeli military said.
For all the latest headlines follow our Google News channel online or via the app
The military said it was investigating the circumstances of the soldier’s death in cooperation with the Israeli police.
The soldier’s body was found near a military checkpoint between the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem, the military said in a statement.
“Earlier today, combined forces of the IDF (Israeli military) and the Israeli police located the body of an IDF soldier, the late corporal Sagi Ben-David, near the Hizma checkpoint,” the military said.
The soldier had gone missing on Tuesday, the military added.
- European powers condemn Israel settlement approvals in Palestine
- New Arab-Israel deals will lead to progress on Israel-Palestine issue
- Pope Francis warns against ‘unfair’ solutions to end Israel-Palestine conflict
- Oman: We are not mediating Israel-Palestine peace process, but offering ideas
- State of Palestine membership in Interpol approved, in move opposed by Israel
- Israeli bill to ban Palestine flag