President Joe Biden spoke today with King Abdullah II of Jordan to express strong US support for Jordan and underscore the importance of King Abdullah II’s leadership to the United States and the region.
Together they discussed the strong bilateral ties between Jordan and the United States, Jordan’s important role in the region, and strengthening bilateral cooperation on multiple political, economic, and security issues.
The President also affirmed that the United States supports a two state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Recording emerges of heated exchange between Jordan’s Prince Hamzah and army chief
- Saudi FM Prince Faisal meets Jordanian counterpart, reaffirms Riyadh’s support
- US State Department reiterates ‘full support’ for Jordan’s King Abdullah II
- Security and stability a ‘red line’: Jordanian press
- US says King Abdullah of Jordan is a 'key partner' and has 'full support'