An energy pipeline between the Israeli cities of Eilat and Ashkelon was hit in a rocket attack from Gaza on Tuesday, Israel’s Channel 12 TV said.
An energy sector official confirmed to Reuters that an Israeli pipeline had been struck, without providing details.
Video broadcast by Channel 12 showed flames rising from what appeared to be a large fuel container.
Meanwhile, an Israeli woman was killed by rocket fire near Tel Aviv on Tuesday after Gaza’s Islamist rulers Hamas launched a barrage of projectiles toward Israel’s economic hub, police said.
“One woman killed in the city of Rishon Letzion in rocket strike,” Israeli police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said.
- Israel’s Ben Gurion airport halts flights over Gaza rockets
- Egypt reached out to Israel over Jerusalem violence to no avail: FM
- Gaza tower block destroyed by Israel strike, Hamas fires back 130 rockets at Tel Aviv
- Thousands protest in Turkey against Israel over surge in violence
- Israel says struck 130 Gaza military targets, 15 ‘operatives’ killed