US intercepts multiple attack drones launched from Yemen: Pentagon

Published: Updated:
Read Mode
100% Font Size
1 min read

A US warship patrolling the Red Sea intercepted multiple attack drones launched from Houthi-controlled areas in Yemen on Thursday, the US Central Command said.

“On the morning (Yemen time) of November 23, the USS Thomas Hudner (DDG 116) shot down multiple one-way attack drones launched from Houthi controlled areas in Yemen,” CENTCOM said on X, previously Twitter.

For all the latest headlines follow our Google News channel online or via the app.

“The ship and crew sustained no damage or injury,” it added.

The Houthis have declared themselves part of the “axis of resistance” of Iran’s allies and proxies and have launched a series of drones and missiles towards Israel after the start of the war in Gaza.

The Houthis have also threatened to target Israeli shipping over the country’s war with Hamas, which is backed by Iran.

On Sunday, Houthis seized an Israel-linked cargo vessel and its 25 international crew at the entrance to the Red Sea.

Israel’s military on Sunday said the seizure was a “very grave incident of global consequence”, and a US military official said it was “a flagrant violation of international law.”

Read more:

Israeli ships ‘legitimate target,’ Houthis warn after hijacking Israeli-linked vessel

Iran will do ‘whatever it takes’ to help Hamas in war with Israel: Quds Force chief

Khamenei told Hamas leader Iran won’t go to war with Israel: Report

Top Content Trending