Israel Palestine Conflict

Israel raids Gaza’s Al-Nasser Hospital again, shortly after withdrawing from it

Published: Updated:
Read Mode
100% Font Size
2 min read

Israeli forces raided Al-Nasser Medical Complex, the biggest functioning hospital in Gaza, on Thursday shortly after withdrawing from it, the Palestinian enclave’s health ministry said.

The World Health Organization says the hospital in Khan Younis, Gaza’s second largest and crucial to the territory’s crippled health services, stopped working last week after a week-long Israeli siege followed by the raid.

For the latest updates on the Israel-Palestine conflict, visit our dedicated page.

Al-Nasser Hospital is the latest health facility to become a theatre of war in the conflict between Israel and Hamas, now in its fifth month.

Israel says Hamas, the militant group that has run Gaza since 2007, uses hospitals for cover. Hamas denies this and says Israel’s allegations serve as a pretext to destroy the healthcare system.

For all the latest headlines follow our Google News channel online or via the app.

The war was triggered by a Hamas attack on southern Israel on Oct. 7 in which 1,200 people were killed and 253 taken hostage, according to Israeli tallies.

Vowing to destroy Hamas, Israel has responded with an air and ground assault that according to Gaza’s authorities has killed more than 29,000 Palestinians and wounded more than 69,000. The war has displaced most of the enclave’s 2.3 million people and reduced much of it to rubble.

Read more:

WHO plans evacuations from Gaza hospital as bodies begin to decompose amid power cuts

Iran’s Khamenei calls Israel a ‘cancerous tumor’ with assured ‘destruction’

Israel strikes Gaza’s Rafah as truce talks underway

Top Content Trending