Tunisia premier dismisses justice minister, reasons unclear
Defence Minister Farhat Horchani would assume the duties of the minister for now
Tunisian Prime Minister Habib Essid sacked the justice minister on Thursday after he reportedly criticized the United States ambassador for meddling in the country’s internal affairs.
The statement from the premier's office did not give a reason for the minister’s dismissal but said Defence Minister Farhat Horchani would assume the duties of the minister for now.
The fired minister, Mohamed Saleh Ben Aissa told local newspapers he believed he had been fired because he refused go to parliament for the approval of a new justice law.
- 70 Tunisia hotels closed since militant attacks
- Agriculture exports boost Tunisia’s economy
- Tunisia probes murder claims by TV producer
- Tunisia lawmaker escapes assassination bid
- A tale of two Octobers: Egypt’s Maspero and Tunisia’s Nobel prize
- Tunisia’s Nobel Prize in the making for four years
- Gunmen release dozens of Tunisian workers held in Libya