Tunisian security minister fired after ISIS-claimed attacks
Secretary of State for Security Affairs Rafik Chelly lost his job Tuesday after the third bombing claimed by ISIS this year
Tunisian Prime Minister Habib Essid has dismissed the country’s security minister after an ISIS-claimed suicide bombing killed 12 members of the presidential guard last week.
Secretary of State for Security Affairs Rafik Chelly lost his job Tuesday after the third bombing claimed by ISIS this year, following deadly attacks at the Bardo Museum in Tunis and in the resort of Sousse.
A government statement didn’t specify a reason for Chelly’s dismissal, merely noting that he is being “called to other duties.”
In recent weeks, Tunisia’s government has said that security forces dismantled several radical jihadi cells planning attacks against tourist sites and public figures.
It says that dozens of suspected extremists have been arrested and three weapons depots in the north, central and south were discovered.
Last Hour: Tunisia under emergency after security bus bombingNews Bulletins
ISIS claims responsibility for Tunisia attackEarlier on Wednesday, Tunisia's Interior Ministry said 10 kilograms of military explosives were used in the attack Middle East
Tunisia must protect gender-based violence victims: AmnestyTunisia must change its legislation to protect victims of gender-based violence, who are frequently punished and blamed when they report the crimes, ... Variety
Tunisia shutting border with Libya for 15 daysTunisia announced it is closing its land border with war-torn Libya for 15 days after a deadly bus bombing in Tunis claimed by ISIS Middle East
Panorama: The messages of the terrorist bombing in TunisiaNews Bulletins