At least 33 people were injured in a two trains collision in the south of the Tunisian capital on Thursday, Tunisian Radio Mosaique reported.
The Injured were transferred to two hospitals for medical care, Mosaique said.
State news TAP said a passenger train collided with a stationary train near Megrine Riadh station in the Tunisian capital, according to Hassen Miaadi, spokesperson for the Tunisian National Railway Company.
More than 10 ambulances and several rescue teams were deployed to the site and an investigation was initiated to determine the cause of the collision.
- US criticizes Tunisia press crackdown
- Tunisia’s central bank governor says some countries will lend financial support
- Tunisia police seize equipment used by pro-Ennahda TV
- Supporters of Tunisian president protest ‘coup’ accusations
- France’s Macron discussed Tunisia situation with President Saied
- Tunisia’s Ghannouchi says parliament in session, defying president
- Tunisia police block MPs’ access to suspended parliament amid political crisis