Algerian security forces foiled a plot to carry out an armed attack by separatists aided by “the Zionist Entity” (Israel) and a North African country, Ennahar TV said on Wednesday.
Seventeen members of a separatist group authorities have declared a terrorist organization called “MAK” were arrested and documents indicating continuous contact with the “the Zionist entity” organizations and weapons were seized, Ennahar TV added.
For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.
In August, the government blamed MAK and another group of being behind the devastating forest fires, which hit several provinces in Algeria, including Tizi Ouzou adding that one of them was backed by Morocco and Israel.
Algeria cut diplomatic relations with Morocco later in August, citing what it called hostile actions by its most populous neighbor with which it has had strained relations for decades.
- Algeria court jails brother of deposed president Bouteflika
- Algeria President Tebboune says return of envoy to Paris depends on French respect
- Algeria urges Morocco to quit Western Sahara buffer zone
- Algeria tells France to ‘decolonize its history’ in new spat
- France’s Macron: I hope tensions with Algeria will soon ease
- Algeria prosecutors seek 18 months’ jail for journalist
- Algeria returns 40 Moroccan migrants via shuttered land border: NGO
- Algeria’s army chief accuses neighboring Morocco of ‘conspiracies’