.
.
.
.

U.S. judge: No release of Guantanamo detainee photos

Published: Updated:

A U.S. judge has refused to order the release of photographs and video of a Saudi citizen detained at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, in the investigation of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

Authorities have said Mohammed al-Qahtani narrowly missed being the 20th hijacker when he was denied entry into the U.S. at a Florida airport. Charges against him were dropped.

The Center for Constitutional Rights sued the government last year in New York. The organization said the release of videotapes and photographs of his harsh interrogation were in the public interest.

A federal judge said Friday that the images were properly classified by the government.