Up to 300 extra soldiers deployed in France after attacks
The announcement comes following three 'lone wolf' attacks in three days in France
Prime Minister Manuel Valls sought to ease concerns in France Tuesday over a spate of seemingly unrelated but bloody attacks, saying up to 300 soldiers would be deployed around the country to ensure security.
“The number of patrols will be increased during this (Christmas) period. Two hundred to 300 soldiers will be deployed in the coming hours,” he said live on television.
- Turkey media bosses to be charged with ‘terror group membership’
- Pakistan executes 2 militants after ending death penalty moratorium
- Pakistanis pray, resolve to fight terror at stricken school
- N. Korea threatens to strike White House
- Pakistan to execute 500 terror convicts in coming weeks: officials
- Abbot: Heightened ‘chatter’ since Sydney siege, attack ‘likely’