German govt websites, including Merkel's page, attacked: spokesman
The attack has been blamed on ‘a variety of external systems’
German government websites including Chancellor Angela Merkel's page have been attacked, rendering them inaccessible at times since 1000 am (0900 GMT), a spokesman said on Wednesday.
“Our service provider's data center is under a severe attack that has apparently been caused by a variety of external systems,” Steffen Seibert told a government news conference.
- Germany needs immigration, finance minister says after anti-asylum rallies
- In Jerusalem zoo, rare Sumatran tiger eats her cubs
- Job placement program for Saudi students in Germany intensifies
- Minister: Germany plans trauma center for ISIS rape victims
- Tunisia borrows $55 mln from Germany to ‘modernize’ education
- Qatar bids to host basketball World Cup
- Afghanistan, Germany condemn CIA torture
- Germany pledges support to Afghanistan after combat troops leave
- German man sentenced to 3 years, 9 months for joining ISIS
- Germany says 300 ISIS supporters facing trial