Obama: American Muslims more integrated than the ones in Europe
Obama urges Europe to do more to integrate its Muslim communities
Europe must do more to better integrate its Muslim communities, and not “simply respond with a hammer,” U.S. President Barack Obama said Friday in the wake of last week's terror attacks in France.
“Our biggest advantage, major, is that our Muslim populations -- they feel themselves to be Americans,” Obama told a joint press conference with British Prime Minister David Cameron.
“There are parts of Europe in which that’s not the case. And that’s probably the greatest danger that Europe faces... it’s important for Europe not to simply respond with a hammer and law enforcement and military approaches to these problems.”
- Belgium’s marginalized Muslims fight in Syria ‘out of despair’
- Duke University cancels plan for Muslim prayer call
- Merkel: Important not to ostracize Muslims
- Bosnia’s Muslim top cleric slams Mohammed cartoon
- Hollande: Muslims ‘main victims of fanaticism’
- More Muslim converts worry Ottawa imam
- World reacts to Charlie Hebdo’s new Prophet cartoon
- Gyms Kitchen boasts healthy halal delights for wary Londoners
- Charlie Hebdo set to publish prophet cartoon in new issue