Russia launches large-scale military exercises - Agencies
The leaders of Germany, France, Russia and Ukraine have agreed a deal to end fighting in eastern Ukraine
Russia has launched military exercises in 12 regions, involving more than 30 missile regiments, RIA news agency reported on Thursday, citing a defense ministry official.
Meanwhile the leaders of Germany, France, Russia and Ukraine have agreed a deal to end fighting in eastern Ukraine, participants at the summit talks said on Thursday.
The deal reached after all-night negotiations in the Belarussian capital Minsk included a ceasefire that would come into effect on Feb. 15, followed by the withdrawal of heavy weapons.
The news came as Ukraine was offered a $40-billion lifeline by the International Monetary Fund to stave off financial collapse.
- Cricket World Cup 2015: Dream come true for Afghanistan
- Ten years since Assad’s assassination of Hariri
- Egyptian pound steady for seventh straight dollar sale
- Hariri tweets trailer for documentary on father’s life
- Ukraine summit agrees ceasefire, withdrawal of weapons: Putin
- Will Brooklyn Beckham follow in his father’s footsteps?
- Photos show ISIS-run factory making ‘kids hijabs’