Argentine prosecutor dismisses case against president
Federal prosecutor Javier De Luca was assigned to the case after it had already been rejected by a lower court in February
The Argentine prosecutor charged with examining allegations that President Cristina Fernandez tried to block the inquiry into a deadly 1994 bombing dismissed the case on Monday.
Federal prosecutor Javier De Luca was assigned to the case after it had already been rejected by a lower court in February.
“There has been no crime,” De Luca said.
The allegations were made by late prosecutor Alberto Nisman, who was found dead in his flat with a bullet wound to the head on Jan. 18 the day before he was due to testify about them to parliament.
- Israel to Argentina: Continue dead prosecutor’s work on Iran case
- Questions mount over mystery death of Argentine prosecutor
- Journalist who broke news of prosecutor’s death flees Argentina
- Argentina’s Fernandez says prosecutor’s death was not suicide
- Argentina’s Kirchner says prosecutor killed in ‘operation’ against her