Honduras authorities have arrested five Syrians intending to make it to the United States with stolen Greek passports, triggering alarm Wednesday in the wake of the Paris attacks launched by Syria-linked jihadists.
“Five Syrian citizens have been detained and will be taken to our offices to be investigated because it is suspected they are carrying false documents, passports stolen in Greece,” a police spokesman, Anibal Baca, told local media.
- Paris attacker may have had accomplice on journey through Balkans
- Suicide bomber passport ‘may have belonged to Syrian soldier’
- Israel minister urges Europe to focus less on rights, more on security
- UK to block passports to stop ISIS teen recruits
- U.K to seize passports of teens at risk of extremism
- Sexism row breaks out over British passport design
- 7 ‘terrorists’ dead in Paris attacks, Syrian passport found: prosecutor